SRK vs Aamir

I've always wanted to write something about Shahrukh Khan as I like him as an actor and as a person. Incidentally everyone is talking about SRK and Aamir these days and comparing them on different scales so I thought this is a good time to write about them specially Shahrukh which I wanted to for a long time. This is my perception about Shahrukh Khan as a big admirer of his work.

Recently I watched two big movies which released in December 2008. First I watched SRK's Rab ne Bana di Jodi (obviously u must be thinking ki jo movie pehle release hogi wahi dekhenge na...) and then I watched Aamir Khan's Ghajini. These two stars are amongst few in bollywood which attracts lot of people. Aamir is hard worker who puts his 100 percent in his every film. But I believe the two stars are totally different from each other. This I am saying because I have watched them and read about them. I always liked Aamir Khan and Shahrukh Khan as actors but after reading and seeing so many things... as a person he (Aamir) is far below than Shahrukh and even lot of people.

I remember I was watching the Documentary of Shahrukh (The inner world of Shahrukh Khan)in which he said that he still remember the first time someone looked at him in Delhi and said 'hey...he is Shahrukh who comes in Fauji(Fauji was the TV serial from which Shahrukh started his career as a Actor). After the release of Ghajini Aamir Khan in an interview said that for publicity of the film we made people of a multiplex to have their haircut like What Aamir has in the film. (Aamir ne to Ganja karwa diya becharo ko....woh bhi kya karte paise jo mile ...) No Doubt Shahrukh is the most successful actor in bollywood and Aamir Khan is the most Talented one. Shahrukh won so many awards in past years in the leading category and even Aamit too have won...woh baat aur hai ko woh aata nahi hai lene ke liye...I heard that he thinks that awards are just fake and manipulated...I always think ki if its fake then baki janta kyon ati hai bhai (then why everyone else from bollywood comes to those awards …brother). Aamir always says on TV that He always make sure before the start of every film he himself decides who is going to be the heroine, music composer etc etc... After the release oj Rab ne Bana di Jodi...Shahrukh and Anushka Sharma(Actress) was in a talk show interviewing each other. Anushka asked Shahrukh that which is the most special thing about this film...I thought he would say Aditya Chopra...Yash Chopra and all that stuff....But to my surprise he bent down on his knees and took the hand of Anushka in his hand and said "the most special thing about this film is You and I feel very special that I worked with someone like you who is talented, beautiful and a wonderful actress... "

The most shocking event which I and most of the people came across was when Aamir wrote a blog in which he made a very Contemptible comment on Shahrukh and at the same time I watched the Shahrukh's response on channel ‘Times Now’ in which he said that “Aamir aur main hum umer hain, acchhe dost hain...sath mein kaam karte hain and kabhi kabhi isse bhi ajeeb ajeeb batein ek doosr se kar lete hain(we are of the same age, we are friend and we talk to each other strange things like this) and I have taken this thing as a humour”. I always think that How could a person react so cool and compose (as Shahrukh did) to these things but then I think that maybe he is like that only and that's why he is number one.

5 comments:

Achyut Telang said...

Currently I am more interested in observing the rising trend of Akshay Kumar who has created his own following and is the biggest challenge to the Khans as of now.

A said...

honestly speaking I intend to contradict some of your words.

1. not just Aamir, its every actor in tinseltown who gives his 100% at work.

2. don't be illusioned by what SRK said to the actress on the TV. bear in mind that he is a good showman.

OK, ab zyada nahi bolunga :P

I like SRK for his amazing oration and PR skills.

I like Aamir for having the balls in the industry to take up off-the-track subjects and make amazing movies on them.

-A

RAJAT said...

Its true Ankur...SRK is a Good showman and his persona is so powerful...that's why I think He is able to draw attention of so many people in India and outside...

I totally agree on abt Aamir...he always do things differently...& that's the reason he always come up with grt things...

RAJAT said...

Achyut...I put Akshay Kumar in a different corner of the room as he is someone who is seen as a action star as shown in Thumbsup adv and movies like singh is king & Tashan where he looked more focused towards a comedy character and as u rightly said he has a different fan following and he is one of the highest paid actors in bollywood like Khans.

Unknown said...

hey!!
a good topic of discussion and well described ..
our bollywood stars are always involved in dis number game ..nd every star is trying to prove his/her superiority ...